A couple of weeks ago, I was recognized in the Christian Family Montessori School’s Wednesday envelope for helping the school with their computers, printers, and network.
CFMS has a parent co-op to help keep the costs of school down. I get to make sure things are running smooth. Such as:
- Activating network ports
- Securing their passwords effectively (.xls -> LastPass)
- Getting the main printer to work on Mac, Win, and Chromebooks
- Cleaning up old computers so they are able to run quicker
- Migrating users from one computer to another
- Migrating the school email to Gsuite, porting over old email
- Ensuring connectivity to shared drives
It has been nice to sometimes reflect on the little things such as helping with basic IT that makes me feel like I know some things as I push forward to learn more in my PenTesting journey.